RMM can help organizations manage remote client support in today’s changeable business climate.
Whether your employees and clients are still working from home or you’ve started helping them transition back to the office, you’ll want to explore using a remote monitoring and management (RMM) tool for remote client support. Implementing an RMM reduces your operational overhead and empowers the technical team to focus on what matters most–delivering better service, faster, from anywhere.
One of the biggest challenges you’ll face in the transition back to the office is providing support for a wide array of devices. Some users worked from home on personal computers that weren’t connected to the organization’s network. Others utilized work-sanctioned computers running a variety of applications and operating systems, and may not have been kept up-to-date with the latest patches.
These remote client support circumstances present security and data loss vulnerabilities. As an MSP, you are undoubtedly working diligently to address these issues, among others, for your clients. The question of whether RMM can help in these efforts has come up frequently in conversations with partners. In short: Yes, it can.
Datto RMM can help tackle these hurdles by enabling you to:
- Easily distribute and silently install pre-configured RMM agents via email to employees and clients alike. This ensures you can work behind the scenes so as not to disturb the workforce.
- Install vital business software, like Office 365 and file sync and share, and make necessary updates and changes based on the transition back to the office.
- Deploy VoIP “softphones” to protect the exposure of end users’ personal phone numbers, as some employees may still be using their personal phones.
- Install critical patches on all machines to reduce vulnerable attack surfaces and protect employee and client data.
- Receive instant support requests from end users when trouble arises, while providing secure, permitted remote support of end users’ devices.
- Automatically uninstall the RMM agent and business software from personal end user devices when “WFH” mandates are lifted.
The concept of business continuity has been at the core of Datto’s offering and mindset since day one. During this challenging time, Datto is continuing to provide MSPs with the tools and resources they need to run their business effectively. With Datto RMM, MSPs can securely and intuitively manage IT infrastructures from any location.
Adrian Luh is Product Marketing Manager, Datto.
This guest blog is part of a Channel Futures sponsorship.