Check Point designed the MSSP program to scale as threats evolve.
Check Point Software Technologies has launched a new global MSSP program. It offers an integrated security portfolio, automated processes and access to hundreds of Check Point experts and researchers.
With Check Point’s prevention-first security operations suite, Horizon, the program gives partners the capabilities needed for extended detection and response/extended prevention and response (XDR/XPR), managed detection and response/managed prevention and response (MDR/MPR), events management and SOC certainty.
Under the new program, MSSPs can:
- Provide global SOC-as-a-service without the upfront investment required. MSSPs can leverage Check Point’s Horizon MDR/MPR solution with co-branded and white-label versions. This can supplement similar services the MSSP is offering or completely expand their current solution set.
- Address major security incidents. MSSPs can also leverage and provide co-branded versions of Check Point’s incident response (IR) services.
MSSP Input Shaped New Program
Frank Rauch is Check Point’s head of worldwide channel sales. He said input from MSSPs was “at the heart of decisions and enhancements along the way.”
“Partners who have engaged with us over the years understand well the depth of our research and development team,” he said. “Through conversing with partners, we learned that because of the skilled security labor shortages, costs are going up and they see value in collaborating with Check Point to manage services such as MDR/MPR, XDR/XPR and more. Some partners expressed that they want to white-label these backend services with their own brand. Others prefer to lead with the Check Point brand, as our brand has a long legacy of quality security.”
In addition, partners and customers want Check Point to manage more than just its solutions, Rauch said.
“The most commonly used third-party integrations today include Office 365,” he said. “As we continue to add third-party services to our MDR offerings, partner and customer requests continue to guide us. As a matter of fact, through the development phases, we worked directly with pre-launch partners and customers, and we are already jointly managing MDR for over 100 customers. We are now beyond delighted to scale through partner-led services.”
The new Check Point MSSP program includes:
- Streamlined onboarding with hands-on support, including engineering bootcamps, enablement workshops, proof of concepts (POCs) and operational improvements.
- More support for MSSPs by enabling access to Check Point’s network of experts including the Check Point Research team and the incident response team.
- Leveraging the expanded capabilities of Check Point’s Horizon platform within the Infinity architecture, MSSP partners can now have prevention-first security operations with XDR/XPR, MDR/MPR and events management capabilities.
- Upcoming capabilities will allow customized billing options across the security portfolio, which removes cost of engaging for partners and customers.
“The depth of experience of Check Point‘s research and intelligence team is second to none,” Rauch said. “This sets the quality of our prevention-first strategy apart from the rest.”
With over 300 proven and documented available integrations, partners and customers have the ability to integrate with other key elements in their networks; adding speed, agility and scale, he said.
“The program also offers training and MSSP badges that help to differentiate their expertise in the market for both prospect and existing customers,” Rauch said. “Lastly, continuous innovation on our part helps keep these MSSPs ahead of their competition, with added services and support/professional services to help with customer retention.”
Program to Evolve with Threats
Check Point designed the MSSP program to scale as threats evolve, Rauch said.
“Our threat intelligence team is always on the hunt for new threats,” he said. “And all of our solutions are continuously being updated as a result. Moreover, our MDR/MPR partner-led services will continue to add key integrations that matter to partners.”
Paul Solomon is head of managed cyber services at SoftCat.
“At SoftCat, we have been delivering industry-leading IT services for over 10 years,” he said. “And we do so by partnering with cybersecurity experts like Check Point as an extension of our own team to strengthen our offerings and provide a wide range of security solutions for our customers.”